Saturday, February 24, 2007

faux Au Chocolate



I have been sitting on this idea for a couple of weeks now. I wanted to use the Petals wheel to make some faux Au Chocolate paper for a card. I also wanted to incorporate some clothing elements into it that I saw in a Paper Crafts magazine. I wanted to make an odd sized card (4x9) because I thought that would look the best for this layout. Boy, it is very funny how what you think in your head doesn't always work out when you put it on paper. I like the regular sized card much better than the tall card. What do you think?

These cards also showcase two of the items in Stampin' UP!'s March special. You are using the Petals wheel and Polka Dots and Paisley. I used Very Vanilla Paper (4x4 for the tall call and 2x 5 1/2 for the standard card), and chocolate chip. I used the small oval punch and word window punch for the belt loops. The belt is our wonderful twill tape. I also embossed the images stamped on the chocolate layer as the Very Vanilla craft ink just wasn't popping. Gel pen makes the lovely stitches on the belt loops.

No comments: