Wednesday, February 12, 2014

two more day 1 challenge cards




I was trying to make some more of my purple cards for my card set and thought last night about these beautiful tulips from the Spring Jar Fillers set.  I love tulips, and I thought they would be beautiful in shades of purple.  I am so ready for spring.  Since vellum is hard to adhere on a card, I thought the card sketch from the Day 1 Anniversary challenge would be a great way to go to hide the adhesive.  I was right.  Love the baker's twine wrapped around the stems to hold the flowers together and the sentiment in place.  To stick to the rules of the challenge that we had to use a color scheme from the 7 choices and  a card sketch from the 7 choices, I made another one in one of the color schemes.  I used the one with chartreuse, poppy, orange zest, and summer sunrise.  I left out the aqua mist/hawaiian shores.  



No comments: