Monday, July 21, 2008

Snowflake Serenade Glittery Photo card



I am trying to come up with some easy cards to make for folks who want handmade cards, but do not want  to invest in stamps and such to make them.  They would simply get prestamped supplies for 20 cards from me that they would assemble themselves at a fair price.  Here is one possible contender.  I created this idea in my head, and as always, the actual execution of the idea is not always what you think it will be.  I know a lot of people send out photo cards as Christmas cards.  I want to offer that idea to people who want to add a homemade elegance to their cards.  So here is my first attempt at a photo card.  I love the Papertreyink set Snowflake Serenade.  It is so pretty and elegant.  I stamped the snowflakes on vellum and then glittered them up with heat and stick powder and dazzling diamonds glitter.  Not too bad.  The card is very pretty and sparkly without being messy.  I used thin vellum paper, but I think the vellum cardstock that Papertrey just introduced would work better.  I used our Blue Bayou and Soft sky for the card.  If I offered this as a kit, I would be limited to how many I could make since the colors won't be available to order more paper for this color scheme after Aug. 10.  

Details:
4x 11 card base in blue bayou scored at 8 3/4
soft sky 4 x 2  1/2 torn, and 5 3/4 x 3 3/4 for photo mat inside
vellum 4 x 8 1/2
white craft, soft sky and blue bayou inks
heat and stick powder, glitter, 2 way glue, silver cord
fits in a standard long business envelope

No comments: