1. A family recipe box or "notebook" for handed down family traditions. You could use the From the Kitchen of set by Stampin' UP! , Voila, or the new Recipe box set from Papertrey Ink. You would simply need to make a few phone calls or email to ask various family members what their favorite family recipe is. Maybe what is their favorite holiday meal, side dish or dessert? What was their favorite recipe that they had when growing up or whatever. Just try to compile some of those treasured recipes that they enjoy and would like to share. You don't need enough for a grand cookbook, just enough to assemble as a family gift.
Next purchase some 3x5 or 4x6 index cards and write them down, or print them out on the computer. I would then use the stamps from the recipe card stamp set and use them to spruce the index cards up, or make dividers for each section of your holiday cookbook. Use the bulk on board chipboard pieces that you can buy, cut them to fit your cards, decorate them with designer paper,and use the crop a dile to punch holes to tie them together with ribbon or a jump ring. Decorate the front with the Voila chef or image of your choice and use chipboard letters or numbers for FAMILY RECIPES 2008.
Super easy and can be mass produced.
2. Little treat baskets: Basket and Blooms totes are great for giving a small little treat to classmates, co workers. etc. They are super quick and easy to assemble and I can cut them for you and get them to you super quick. Just let me know you want to purchase the designer paper, and i'll order it and get them cut out to you super fast. You need to let me know about the paper by Dec. 5 if you want them before Dec. 20th.
3. Or make the little box totes from Splitcoast or for a mini version here . They are cute and once you cut the pieces, they are very easy to assemble in mass. Make some yummy snowball cookies, or some no fail fudge and package them up.
4. Go to Papertrey ink and check out Lauren Meador's My Timeless templates for the FREE downloads of the STOCKING STUFFER and RECIPE folio downloads. Just insert your paper into the printer, print out the patterns and you are so done. She also has a template for a stationary box that is awesome. It is called All Boxed Up template. It is only $5 and you can download it as soon as you checkout. NO shipping. Awesome.
Check out the following links to see what you can do with these.
5. For those guys on your list: how about making a stationary set of cards for giving to their wives to keep them out of the doghouse so to speak: Valentine's Day, Anniversary, Birthday, I love you, and Mother's Day. These wouldn't have to be super elaborate cards, and I bet you have enough sets to do this pretty easily. A floral set or an all occasion set would work well. Have fun with them.
6. And lastly for the kids: how about some hand stamped line images good for them to color in and "make their own cards". I like Pun Fun for this, but there are other sets as well. You need Birthday, Thank you, and Thinking of you cards. Simple layer imaged on a white card base: see here. Then they children get to color them in with the crayons or colored pencils you package with them. Super cute. Use your punches to punch out some stars or arrows or hearts to put in there for them to embellish with. I don't know a child who doesn't like to glue things.
7. And of course you could always package up a store bought gift with a gift bag made of designer paper or a fabulous gift card holder.
8. Oh and for the home decorator, try givng them some of our Decor Elements for dressing up a frame or putting on their walls. These are great, easy to apply and are REMOVABLE.
9. Lastly don't forget the great ornament kits in the Winter Mini. They are super easy to assemble and would be great for attaching to the outside of your gift wrapping. Try Stampin' UP!'s white wrapping paper, or wrap a small gift in designer paper. Also there are great rub-ons for putting on packages, glass ornament balls, or vases and candle holders in the winter mini as well. They are on sale this month too.
10. And the Country Living Decor kit is a great gift too. Put them together with photos and give them on your packages or as a gift in one of the little gift totes above. Super sweet and from the heart.
Have a wonderful Holiday season. Any orders placed online with me from now until December 25th will get a Free copy of the new Spring/summer Idea Book and Catalog from me when they come out in January.