Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Just a quick post today to say Happy Thanksgiving!!! What are you thankful for?

Dear Lord,
Thank you for your sovereign holiness. Thank you for your son, Jesus Christ, who lived the PERFECT and SINLESS life I could never live and died the cruel and horrible death that I DESERVE for my SINS. Thank you that you have granted me amazing grace through Jesus and the forgiveness of my sins, not because I deserved it, but because from before the foundation of the world you chose to love me, a sinner. Thank you for that unspeakable gift!! May you and you alone receive the glory for it.
Thank you, Lord, for my wonderful husband, who loves me even when I am so unlovable. Thank you for his faith in You that binds us together and helps us live for you. Thank you, Lord, for my two beautiful sons. You have blessed me with two wonderful boys who are smart, healthy, and who are drinking in Your word as you are working in their hearts to love you and obey you. Complete the work you have begun in them, Lord. Thank you, Lord, for my parents, who have loved me unconditionally, and who have brought me up to know you as well. I am so thankful for the close and loving relationship we have always shared.
Thank you, Lord for my extended family. I am grateful for the love and friendship you have given me through them.

Thank you, Lord, that you have graciously allowed me to be born in the United States of America, and have given me a heritage of freedom so that I can worship you as you have ordained, not in fear, but in freedom. Lord, help us to do what we can to preserve that freedom for our sons and grandchildren to a thousand generations. Have mercy on our country, for we have turned our backs on you and our founding godly heritage. Thank you that when we seek you and turn to you with all our hearts, you hear from heaven and answer us. Thank you for your faithfulness and grace to your children, and thank you for your common grace that you give to all men.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His steadfast love endures forever."


No comments: