The Truffle Times…
Deliciously Sweet News
Melissa Sibert, Independent Chocolatier
Dove Chocolate Discoveries
New Catalog Products and Information:
We have some fantastic new products coming for Spring/Summer starting February 1st. I am so excited about these new products. They are going to be so fabulous to show to your and your guests at an upcoming Chocolate Tasting party.
The new products are:
· Cocoa Tequila Lime Brittle (brittle with cocoa powder, crunchy tortilla chips, and toasted pumpkin seeds, flavored with a splash of tequila and lime for a tropical and fresh flavor. Yum!)
· Sweet and Tangy Chocolate Mole Sauce (Authentic Mexican flavors for your tacos, enchiladas, and Mexican dishes.)
· White Chocolate Raspberry Vinaigrette (I can’t wait for this one.)
· White Chocolate Mango Mojito mix (I can see this making some scrumptious cheesecake or whipped cream pies, salad dressing and popsicles.)
· Choco-Granola Fruit Crunch (crunchy cocoa and cinnamon dusted granola with dark chocolate covered blueberries and cranberries, almonds and pecans. Great for yogurt parfaits, late afternoon snacking, and ice cream!)
· And we have a new Entertaining Guide with fresh new recipes like a cool and creamy Key Lime pie/tart using our choco-toffee cookie mix and creamy white chocolate.
Here are some ideas for a themed chocolate tasting party of your own:
· Mexican Fiesta Party: Chicken mole pizza, Mango mojitos, cinnamon dusted almonds, lime tequila brittle, Mexican truffles (spiced with a little chipotle spice)
· Come for Breakfast/Brunch: We will try our Saigon cinnamon rolls, chocolate and fruit granola, spiced chai tea/dip, sweet and spicy bacon, and some yummy pancakes or muffins using some of our Instant gratification items and peanut butter baking bits.
· Happy Hour party: We can sample some of our favorite and best selling beverage mixes with or without alcohol, paired with some of our instant gratification items and chocolate fondue.
· Eating healthy with chocolate: We will sample some yummy salad with our Chocolate Fig and White chocolate Raspberry vinaigrette dressings, sweet and spicy grilled chicken with our Chocolate BBQ sauce or Chocolate Mole sauce, cinnamon dusted dark chocolate almonds, chocolate graham crackers, sugar free chocolates, chocolate granola yogurt parfaits, and some cool and creamy, lowfat, chai fruit dip.
· Cheesecake/mousse dessert mania: We will use a few of our smoothie and daiquiri mixes to make some easy, cool and creamy no bake desserts to chill out with when the warmer weather hits. Anyone up for peanut butter cheesecake trifles, java chip cream pie, mango mojito mousse pie, white chocolate key lime pie, or coconut pineapple cheesecake pie?
Healthy Eating with DCD Chocolate in 2012:
Did you know that Dove Chocolate Discoveries products can help you on your way to eating healthy, but still get to indulge in rich flavors and even a little chocolate? Try these healthy products and ideas on for size in February.
· Choco-Granola Fruit Crunch: Use this granola as a sweet topping for a creamy low-fat yogurt parfait for breakfast or snack. Simply take a 1/4 -1/3 cup of Greek style non-fat yogurt and layer in a glass or bowl with some blueberries, strawberries, bananas, or a combo of your favorite fruit, and sprinkle some of our Choco-Granola Fruit Crunch on top. Or simply grab a handful of our granola and eat as a snack for a little energy pick me up during the day.
· Chai Tea ($18) Our chai tea is great for making a low-fat dip using an 8oz. container of lite or fat free whipped topping and one packet of our chai tea mix. Simply stir together and eat with sliced apples, bananas, strawberries, rice cakes, or low-cal treat of your choice. Better yet, sprinkle some granola on top of dipped fruit.
· Sweet n’ spicy rub ($10) This little culinary gem is great for making lean meats taste a little zippy. Simply rub your lean cut of meat (chicken or pork) with some of our rub, which has just a bit of brown sugar in it and roast or grill it. Or add a little spice to those veggies you are trying to eat. This rub goes great with sweet potatoes, corn, and regular potatoes. Simply toss in a little olive oil and some rub. Roast, bake or grill to perfection.
· White Chocolate Raspberry or Chocolate Fig Balsamic Dressings ($12 each) If we are going to eat salad, why not put a little chocolate and fruit spin on it. Grab you a plate and load it with healthy spinach and mixed baby lettuces, some feta crumbles or a slice of goat cheese, some dried cranberries, mandarin orange slices, some diced or thin sliced turkey meat, some strawberries, whatever you like on your salad, and then drizzle to perfection with our sumptuous and decadent salad dressings that have real white chocolate in them. You know that only a tsp. or two will pack a lot of flavor and make it a little easier for all those veggies to go down. J
· Sweet and Tangy Chocolate Mole or BBQ sauce ($12 each). These saucy gems are the key to a quick and easy healthy meal. Simply grill or roast some chicken or pork tenderloin. Toss the meat in some of these sauces and warm it up. Now you can use this flavorful meat to top any of the following: baked potatoes, salad topped with some black bean, corn and mango salsa, or salad mixed with a little coleslaw mix and some fresh/frozen corn and red onion, or on a pizza crust with some cheese to make a Mexican or BBQ pizza.
· Cinnamon Dusted Dark Chocolate Almonds or our Dark chocolate Almond and Milk Chocolate Cashew Blend ($20) If we want a little indulgence, why not reach for a sweet snack that packs some healthy benefits. Almonds are universally touted as a very healthy nut. Cinnamon is a spice with added benefits of aiding in digestion and circulation. Dark chocolate also has antioxidants and other healthy properties. You get all three in our Cinnamon dusted Dark almonds. So grab a small handful and enjoy without the guilt.
· Dark Chocolate Dried Fruit collection ($20) Add some of these little gems to your favorite granola (store bought or homemade) and give your snack a little something extra. Our fruit collection contains super healthy fruits like dried blueberries, cranberries and cherries. So go ahead and indulge just a little. Total deprivation on a diet is not always a good thing. ;)
Now for an added benefit and our little secret. All our products are a natural product. DCD does not use a lot of artificial ingredients, fillers, or preservatives in any of their products. From our chocolates and baking mixes to our savory sauces and rubs, when you read our labels you won’t find any surprises or yucky stuff you wouldn’t want to feed your body. You will find regular natural ingredients you would cook or mix together to make your own mix. Only you don’t have to spend all that time cooking and gathering those ingredients together. That isn’t something you can say for any equivalent product you might find on the grocery store shelf. So really you get what you pay for. You want a simple, gourmet, premium product, then look no further. Dove Chocolate Discoveries has that and the added benefit of your own personal Independent Chocolatier to give you recipes, tips and tricks for using them to their full advantage. Now that is what I call a healthy value!!!
Lite and Easy Lemon Blueberry Trifle
1 box of DCD White Chocolate Meyer Lemon baking mix prepared as a cake or cupcakes: reserve the frosting mix for another use later.
1 8 oz. container of lite or fat free whipped topping
1 packet of DCD white chocolate smoothie mix
1 tsp. lemon zest (finely grated)
1-2 cups of frozen thawed or fresh blueberries
Bake cake as directed on package and let cool. Cut into cubes or cut up cupcakes into pieces.
Gently stir together the smoothie mix, whipped topping, and lemon zest.
Layer cake, blueberries and whipped topping in small dessert glasses or in a trifle bowl. Make about 2 layers ending with whipped topping. Garnish with a fresh blueberry and a small shaving of lemon zest for color. Enjoy!!
Want more info. or want to book a chocolate party contact me.