Sunday, August 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink Stamp A Faire 2013 cards

I did it.  I finished all 10 challenges by the end of my time to craft today.  I am listing them all here in one post.  Hopefully the InkList things will let me link from one post on all the different challenges.  I am happy with some of the cards, others not so much.  I wish I could have had more time to really put my all into some of them, but overall, I am just happy I got to do them.

I think my least favorite challenges was the salt one.  I did not really like how that worked.  I guess I need watercolor paper.  My salt didn't speckled much cause my paper dried too fast.  The shrink art challenge was the next least favorite.

Thanks to Nicole and the rest of the design team for such fun challenges and great ideas.  I have inspiration to last a couple of months just with yesterday and today's blog hop color schemes and sketches.


Here are my projects:
Limited supply challenge (used a Bake and Take sketch for this one)

Sugar Coated Embellishments  (The holly is frosted with glitter and this is my attempt at a CAS card.)

Gallon, Quart, Pint Challenge (gallon:harvest gold, quart: terracotta tile, pint: ripe avocado with fine linen as a neutral to anchor it all)  I really liked this challenge and hope to use it again in my card making.  


Shrink Art challenge (could have been great if my stamping had turned out cleaner)


Make your own spray mists challenge.  (sprayed the chevron pattern and splatters)  I think this needs a bow on the that orange strip of ribbon.  



My tea and coffee dyed fabric, felt and ribbons made into flower embellishment and pin.  Got my inspiration for this card and pin from Artful Notions blog.  Love Nancy's cards and projects.  

My failed attempt at the salt sprinkled challenge.  I really had a cool card in mind but I am not great with watercoloring, and I just didn't have time to do this again and get all the other challenges done.  I really wanted to make a sunburst pattern.  Next time I will use the Sunshine stamps and dies.




My most favorite project of the whole day that I wish you could smell.  I embossed the pumpkin with spiced embossing powder and it smells just like a pumpkin spice candle.  Yum.  I am going to fill these with pumpkin spiced caramels from Dove Chocolate Discoveries.

Bake and Take challenge.  I really like the idea of sketches and color palettes.  However, I have trouble modifying sketches and not being so literal to the sketch.  I also have trouble with color palettes that have more than 3 colors.  It is hard to incorporate them all.  I did get all the colors in this card, as the stamping is the last green color.   I guess a color palette is any grouping of those colors would go well together.  You don't have to use them all.  I will have to work with the rest and see what I can come up with.  Maybe combine it with the gallon, quart, pint concept.  

Paperclay challenge.  I glittered my clay like Heather and used her card and modified it to make a Christmas card.  

Thanks for looking.  Everyone created such pretty projects.  

No comments: