Monday, May 5, 2014

MIM homemade wraps for envelopes

Here is entry #1 for this week's MIM challenge: make your own envelope wraps.  I love this.  Michelle Wooderson did this a couple of years ago with sticker paper, and I loved the idea of dressing up the front of an envelope.  I tend to neglect the inside and envelopes of my cards.  I barely have enough time to make a card front, much less dress up the inside and envelope.  I do need to take more time and do one or the other to give them more of a boutique feel.  I sell my cards when I make extras, and I also auction them off for charity donations and I think taking a bit more time to do the little extras might bring in a little more business.

I digress though.  I made the three cards I will be entering into the challenge this week for Mother's Day.  I totally cased the cards from my Pinterest boards last week.  They turned out beautiful.  The envelopes I made today as I felt the Mom's in my life (my own mother and Mother-in-Law) could use a little something extra special.


 I used Pretty Peonies, Fillable Frames, and Simply You stamp sets.  Aqua mist, pure poppy, chartreuse and black inks.  Some prints paper and the wine bottle tag die finishes my product list.

5 comments:

victoria h said...

a beautiful card and matching envelope ( I rarely finish cards in this way but may have been converted)

Robin said...

A great inspiration for more artistic cards and envelopes.

Lee said...

This is really lovely!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous....

StephH said...

Just lovely and beautifully coordinated with the envelope wraps. Nice work!