Monday, July 22, 2013

PTI July Blog Hop part 6

Whew!!  I did it.  I used all 6 color combos.  Here is another card that I got the idea for from Dawn's release post, but I didn't want to totally copy it.  I am trying to stretch myself to come up with my own cards.  I am great at CASEing cards.  "Why mess with perfection?"  I say.   I am usually so short on time and overwhelmed with all my stamps and options, I just find it easier to use their designs as a starting point.  I stamp to relax and trying to come up with my own layouts and designs is really way too stressful.   Anyway, I digress.  This card did not turn out quite as nicely as I hoped.  It does have great dimension, but it doesn't pop and look polished enough.  I did spritz it with some shimmer mist after I photographed it, but I think that it will not be a repeat card.   This color scheme was hard.  That scarlet color just did not fit in right.  I think a banner label die cutout with a sentiment would have been a better choice too.

I am just proud that I completed all 6 color schemes and played along.  Enjoy!!