Friday, June 20, 2014

Framed sketch and color scheme: PTI June Blog Hop




Here is my third card for the June Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink.  I chose to use the Framed Out series to make this card.  This sketch stumped me a little.  I used the color scheme of Raspberry, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Teal, and Spring Rain.  I like how it turned out.  I spritzed the whole card front with shimmer smooch spritz,  and used some glitter Stickles on my star to make it look extra festive.  It is quite sparkly in real life.

I thought the blue frame looked like it had confetti in it, from afar, and the yellow frame looked like it had just a solid white/vellum look to it, so I used a vellum star cutout in my yellow frame that I glittered to make it stand out and confetti sparkles in my blue frame and around the cluster in general.



2 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the colorful frames!

Celeste Goff said...

I love the simplicity of this! We see so many layered cards these days and I love them but it's nice to see simple and pretty once a in a while!