Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Striped Comforter Inspiration June Blog Hop card




This is my last entry to the June Papertrey Blog Hop.  I really wanted to make a card inspired by the striped comforter on the bed.  So I framed my stripes with Summer Sunrise card stock, which mirrors the bed frame in that color.  Next I striped a focal piece of white card stock with the new Ombre Builders stamp set, which I love for quick and easy backgrounds.  Then I used my new Wet Paint die cuts and stamps to make my sentiment.  Done.  So very quick and easy.  I can't wait to try more color schemes with this.  The comforter has some diamond stripes across the solid stripes of colors, and I thought I could recreate that with the argyle stamps, but I kind of like the simplicity of this better.  

Enjoy the blog hop.  
Stamps: Ombre builders, Wet Paint 1
Inks: summer sunrise, aqua mist, melon berry, orange zest, hibiscus burst, black
Dies: wet paint

2 comments:

Martha said...

This is so pretty!
Fabulous design.

Celeste Goff said...

Love the simplicity of this card! So pretty!