Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ombre background stamping: MIM challenge this week



I made another attempt at ombre background stamping today.  If my stamping was a little bit crisper, I would say this card is practically perfect.  I tried to do a gradient of reds and greens for the holidays, topped with a kraft frame with one of my favorite things of the holidays--cookies!  I am a baker at heart, and I am already filling up my freezer with Christmas cookies like date nut bars, gingersnaps, chocolate gingerbread, faux matzo pecan toffee bars, rugelach, fruitcake cookies, salted chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, buckeye brownies, mint brownies, turtle brownies, pecan sandies, oatmeal cranberry walnut cookies,  cheesecake gems, and probably some more.  I plan to take trays of cookies to church on Sunday mornings, give trays to some of our doctors that have been involved in John's ongoing care with his brain tumor, friends, and to Christmas parties.  Plus I will be giving some to family as gifts as well.  Who doesn't love cookies, and they never get put on the shelf in the closet.  

What kind of goodies are you making for the holidays?  What is your must have Christmas treat that you either have to make or have made for you?  Are there any other food traditions you are passing down to your children that have been passed down to you?  

Supplies:
Art Deco background, scentimentals, real red, hibiscus burst, pink pirouette, limeade ice, kiwi kiss, and avocado inks, avocado satin ribbon, red bakers twine, kraft and white card stock.

No comments: