Hi, Friends and Family. It is that time of year again for our annual Childhood Cancer Awareness Fundraiser. Some of you may be new to this, so I thought I would give you some background info. We started doing this fundraiser because we are so grateful to God for the fact that our son's brain tumor is not cancerous, because so many childhood brain tumors are very malignant and vicious. In our recovery journey from John's brain tumor surgery 3 years ago and regular check ups with his neuro-oncologist, we have met and read about so many children who are suffering from different types of pediatric cancers. It breaks our hearts to see so many children and their families when we go for our visits. We wanted to do something to help them, even something small. We are so thankful for our good prognosis, but know very well that it could have been so very different and we could be fighting a whole different battle. Please join us to help give hope and a cure to these children.
Our fundraiser is a kind of auction of handmade card sets, gifts, and baked goods. Here is how it works:
1. Starting September 20th- September 26, I will be posting different card sets and items in their own separate posts here on my blog. Each item will have a minimum bid amount.
2. You will simply click on the comments section to bid on these items. You may start at the minimum bid amount or go ahead and bid higher. Bidding wars are encouraged and are always done in a friendly manner. Check up on the items you want frequently to make sure you get the chance to bid up and win them before the week is up.
3. At the end of the week, I will see who has bid the highest for each of the items and post the winners. Please make sure I get your email address, so I can contact you to give you your total donation amount and make arrangements to deliver your items. If you live out of town, you will have to pay for shipping costs as well as your donation amount.
4. If you do not want to get any of the items I have posted, but want to donate to our fundraiser, simply go to this link and you can donate directly to the Alabama Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorder Research Fund.
5. All donations will go to benefit the Children't Hospital of Alabama Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorder research department. We specify that all funds be used for neuro-oncology (brain tumors and brain cancers).
Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you so much for your participation in doing this. Your generosity is such a blessing to so many people and motivates me to keep doing this. Our goal this year is to raise $650. I think we can do it!
Here are a couple of photos as a sneak peek of all the cards I have made for you to bid like crazy on. It's a lot.