Saturday, February 18, 2017

Papertrey 10 Year Anniversary: 2007

I sure am enjoying Papertrey Ink's 10th Anniversary walk down memory lane these past several days.  I became a PTI customer  in the fall of 2007.  I was a die hard Stampin' UP! fan and had been a demonstrator for them since 2001.  I never thought I would be a convert to photopolymer stamps.  However, I loved the stamps PTI was making.  They were classic, versatile, and filled a huge gap in what Stampin' UP! was offering.  I bought my first set which was Faux Ribbon and I was totally hooked.  I love photopolymer stamps.  They have truly come a long way and PTI's are some of the best quality for giving you sharp clean images.

While I still have Papertrey, Spiral Bouquet, My Punny Valentine, and Faux Ribbon from the first year, I was a little slower to order Out to Sea.  However, I really like the set.  I just don't get those early sets out as much as I need to.  Mostly because I have so many PTI stamps.  I mean a ridiculously large amount of PTI stamps.  Even after selling off some, I have way more than I could possibly use in the time I have available.

I have been trying to stop ordering PTI stamps here in the past couple of years, and I have done much much better.   I did order some papers from the big $1 sale, but I am trying to not buy stamps.  Too many stamps and supplies actually stifles my creativity and ability to make stuff.  It takes me too long to figure out what to do.  That and all the wonderful cards the design team makes that inspired me to buy the stamps in the first place.  If I just spent time making all those great card ideas I have pinned and screenshot in my photo gallery to save the ideas, I would be busy for a very long time.  I have been trying to do that though and it is fun to use old supplies.  I think if I stayed off the blogs of the design team and Nicole's blog for each month's reveal, I wouldn't be tempted to buy more stuff.  I haven't been able to do that yet, but I am committed to not buying stamps, just paper and consumables if needed.

Anyway, here is my Out to Sea card based on the one from the Present shown on Nicole's blog.  I am not great at coming up with my own designs.  It just takes too long, and I don't know how to pull from all my stash, but I am really really good at CASing cards.  I also got to use my brand new from the huge $1 paper sale printed vellum on this card.  Sweet!  I love it.  The vellum is nice and heavy and I love the white patterns.  So pretty.  Can't wait to use more.






No comments: