Saturday, January 20, 2007

My First Post!!

Hello! My wonderful husband just walked me through setting up this blog and I am so excited. He is a computer guru and runs the computer infrastructure at a local University. I have two amazing and precious boys who are 5 1/2 and 3 years old. I am homeschooling my oldest this year and that has been a delight and a challenge. It can be hard to stay on schedule sometimes.
I started this blog to share my stamping creations and other items with others. I am a member of Splitcoaststampers and a lot of super talented ladies on there have blogs, and I thought they seemed like a good idea for sharing ideas. I am a demonstrator for Stampin' UP! and have been doing this for 5 years this March. I have built a pretty good business for what I can put into it, but with the new changes in our family with homeschooling and two very active boys, I have had to step back in this new year and cut back on the time I can spend on the business side of this. It has been a hard choice to make in the sense that I love sharing Stampin' UP! products and all the amazing things you can do with them, and I would do classes, workshops and stamp camps all the time. But all that takes tooo much thought time and prep time that I just really don't have. I found that last year, I wasn't giving anyone in my family my full attention as I was always thinking about projects for my next monthly class, or what new things I was going to make, or samples to make to sell the latest product, etc. I kind of got burnt out and stamping this past year has lost some of its joy.
I had my last stamping class last week, and my last workshop in awhile (unless someone books one off of this one) is tomorrow. Now I get to stamp what I want to and hopefully have some fun again playing with the plethora of supplies I have amassed in the past 5 years. Yea!! I am looking forward to that. Plus I just got my craft room completely remodeled this past two weeks as my birthday present from my mom and dad. I will take a picture and post it here. It is great and I feel like I can actually create now, as the clutter is gone. It might be the only organized room in the whole house. Great for escaping to.

Well that is all for this post. Be back in a little while with more.

No comments: