Monday, June 22, 2015

June Papertrey Blog Hop

I loved the inspiration photo for this month's PTI Blog Hop.  Those little shoes are so pretty, and the color combo is just clean and sophisticated.  I couldn't mess with something almost perfect, so I recreated the overall look of the shoes in my card.  I used the Watercolor brushstrokes set, some dies, and smokey slate and black inks to make this little beauty.  Hope you like it and continue throughout the day to hop around the blog hop.




Supplies:
PTI: butterfly dies (various), leaf die (Sending You), black button, best wishes from Lovely Labels, and brushstroke stripes from Watercolor set from Maile.  Can't remember specific names and don't have time to look them all up. Naturals white paper, canyon clay paper, ripe avocado paper.
SU!: smokey slate ink,  vanilla paper.

5 comments:

Darnell said...

Your orange butterfly is a fresh and unique element, Melissa! The rest is all gorgeous, too, including that perfect sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Imke said...

Great Interpretation of the Inspiration picture, Melissa. Very sweet Card and great layout.

Birgit said...

A perfect reproduction of the inspiration photo! I agree, those shoes are perfection and so is your card!!

Jen Carter said...

I love how you used the butterfly in place of a flower! Very pretty!