Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A note to me about a website I found for Homeschooling. Instructorweb.com for grammar lessons. I have been looking for a definitive explanation on parts of speech and grammar skills for teaching my son this year. While I like our current curriculum, I find it lacking in explaining these things in a way he can understand. Since I am not a formally trained teacher, and it has been so long since I learned these things, I have been struggling to explain these things to him. So I did a Google search tonight and came upon the above website. While the site charges a fee to get access to a lot of it's worksheets, I found the general information was helpful enough. Does anyone out there know of a good resource for teaching these things or worksheets useful for a first or second grader?

No comments: