Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snail Mail... K.I.S.S. and S.I.P. card




















Got your attention with that title didn't I. What on earth is a K.I.S.S. and S.I.P. card? Keep it simple and sweet, and stamps inks and paper (and maybe punches) cards. I didn't use much in the way of embellishments on this card, just a little ribbon. I let the simple framed image and the sentiment speak for itself. It translates into neat, clean, and simple. Easy to duplicate and adapts to so many images. I'll be doing a lot more of these types of simple easy cards real soon. Stay tuned.

I used: Unfrogettable by Stampin' UP! , and Simple Alphabet by Papertrey Ink
colors: kraft paper, and gable green.
inks: river rock, gable green, and basic brown
embellishments: kraft taffeta and river rock ribbons, and then to make this so snappy, my cool new Nestabilities dies and my Cuttlebug

Okay I totally have to put a plug in here for the Spellbinders Nestabilities dies. I just got my rectangle and circle sets today, and I already had the squares and ovals. I love love love these dies. They are so easy to use (ignore the awful popping and cracking sounds you hear when you use with your Cuttlebug), and they layer together so well. I have both the straight edge and scallop sets for each shape. And you can even emboss these shapes onto a card front too. I hope to show you that soon. I haven't tried that yet. I will note, you will want to make sure you use only Papertrey Ink's white cardstock for these dies, as Stampin' UP!'s is too thin and the dies get embedded into the B plate on the cuttlebug plates and it is very hard to get out. I also don't recommend using the designer papers so much unless you put a scratch piece of paper over it when you make your cutting sandwich. Stampin' UP! colored cardstock is the best for colored cardstock as it is usually much thicker than those you can buy at the local scrappin' store.

For more info. on Nestabilities and how to use them check out Nicole's blog as she has a great tutorial on them. You can get these through Papertrey Ink, but they sell out fast. A whole set of one shape is $80, but so worth it. You will never have to buy another scallop shaped punch ever. And you get the added embossing possibility too. I know that after I have played with them some and posted, you'll be convinced you at least need the circle set. You know you will.

No comments: