Saturday, April 5, 2008

A vase with flower appeal


I had an idea to do this with a vase. These vases I bought a couple of years ago for a stamp camp and didn't use all of them. Their shape make them very hard to work with, but I figured you could still do something with them. So here is one version. I will post another I am working on as we write this. I am redecorating my living room in chocolates, blues, and taupe and I thought I would make something to match that as well. This one uses the Bali Breeze papers, and holds some wrapped Hershey's nuggets. I used 1x 3 inch strips to cover the nuggets. The flowers are from the designer paper, and the small olive flowers in the center actually are from the same designer paper and fit the new boho blossoms punch perfectly. Yeah. And with the way I punched them out, I got the even smaller flowers for the centers on the nuggets. Woohoo!! Two usable items from one punch out. Love it. So here is the first vase. These vases scream for rub-ons too, so if you got some from Sale-A-Bration or have bought some, try them out.

No comments: