Saturday, August 23, 2014

SAF 2014: 1960's retro card

This one might be a stretch to fit Erin's era of the 1960's, but again, I had to be creative with what I had and what I could figure out fit the style of that era.  Mod images, martinis, browns and oranges,  etc.  I use the rustic burlap impression plate on my brown card base for some mimicking of the mod texture used in Erin's stamps, mod martini images on the tilted mustard layer for some interest and an ode to that era, and then an Ad Sense marquee sentiment for more angles and modern flair to tie it all together.  I think it still needs a little something, but I don't know what to use from my stash to add it. Oh well, this was quick and fun and turned out pretty much how I envisioned it.  Just having fun playing along today.


No comments: