Friday, July 17, 2015

Some cute new cards

I purchased a paper share of the new Stampin' UP! designer series papers.  Yesterday, I got a chance to finally play with them.  The new Cherry On Top papers are super bright and festive for birthdays, but some of the monochromatic prints could be used for other occasions.  I am a little proud of the fact that I didn't copy anyone on these cards.  They are my originals.  Yippee!  I think they turned out pretty nice.  And the festive prints went very well with some of my Papertrey Ink stamps that were needing some love too.









This card uses the new Vegetable Garden papers.  Love the vintage look, and so I busted out my Garden Variety stamps by PTI and my matching SU! papers to make this card.  I am pretty happy with the result.  




This last card doesn't use any dsp, but rather some new stamps from SU! I got for free.  This is the new Watercolor Wings set and I used it for this simple but elegant card.  The butterfly is a three step stamp, and I used Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, and Island Indigo for the layers.  I used the new Mint Macaron color for the accent layer, some espresso bakers twine, and sahara sand for the card base.  I even stamped a little butterfly inside.  There are two sizes of butterflies in this set.  Lovely. Pretty cool, right?  Can't wait to use this in more color combos and layouts.  The sky is the limit.  



Just got my new Paper Pumpkin kit in the mail and will be churning out a few cards here this afternoon as I bake cookies.  Check in later for those creations.





No comments: