Sunday, July 26, 2015

Something old and something new...something borrowed

I have been trying to carve out some stamping time and use some of my new goodies as well as some old supplies that needed some serious attention and love.  Here is what I have made.  Most of these are CASed from different blogs and Pinterest boards I look at from time to time.

I hope to showcase some more stuff in a couple of weeks.  I am seriously behind in making cards and gifts for my annual childhood cancer fundraiser that I normally hold in September, as it is Childhood Cancer Awareness month.  I might have to postpone that for the end of September or October.  Life around here just hasn't allowed for much stamping time.  With school starting in a couple of weeks, I don't know how much time I will have to craft as we put together the finishing touches on our new school schedule/classes/routine.  Trying to enjoy these last few days with my sons when we all have lots of free time.

Got my new Papertrey goodies in the mail yesterday and had to play with them.  I have some close friends, who also homeschool their children, and we like to try to get together regularly for coffee or lunch to catch up.  I thought this card would be great to set up a get together date.  A little more personal than a text or email.  

After playing with the Cherry on Top dsp and making some birthday cards, this donut pattern was begging to be made into a donut and coffee card.  "We go together like...coffee and donuts!"  I thought it was clever.  


Another new set of papers and stamps from PTI to celebrate a love of coffee, or we need to get together over a cup of coffee.


I was inspired by Becky Roberts of Inking Idaho blog to make some one sided notecards.  She just posted some she made recently, and I thought I should do the same.  I used up some of my old supplies (Beautiful Blooms dsp and stamps from PTI).  They have been sitting on the shelf for way too long.  I really like how these turned out.  They were a bit time consuming but I made 12 of them. 


Last but not least, I am trying to  wear out the new butterfly dies and stamps, and had to play with the Butterfly Basics s: simple, elegant, and colorful.  I got to use up some DSP from Stampin' UP! that I have been hoarding.  It feels so good to be using my stash.  I am bad at hoarding, buying too much so a lot of it gets neglected, and just not knowing what to do with supplies once I get them.  I know you all can relate to that overwhelmed feeling of having too many choices and projects you want to make.  
That is all for now.  Hopefully I will be back in a couple of weeks with some guy cards (guy beverages to be exact), some kids cards (to encourage them through the school year), and whatever else I can make up.  




No comments: