Thursday, August 13, 2015

Masculine cards and more

Still playing with the designer papers from my paper share today.  I think I came up with a few clever ideas.  I did not copy anyone's cards that I know of here, they are my designs.  Might explain the subtle design flaws, but it feels good to flex my own creative muscles every once in awhile.  ;)

I also wanted to crank out a few masculine designs and when I saw that watercolored splat/blotch piece of paper, it just called out for masculine cards to be made out of it.  I sure wish I had a whole paper pack of just that print.  I love the soft yet wonderful masculine tones.  Feels woodsy in a way.










I am also entering one of these cards into the MFT Summer Card Class contests on breaking up straight lines with some curves or soft elements.  I have lots of straight layers, but the focal point softens them with it's curves in die cuts and patterns.  I like it.

Hope you all are enjoying your last few days of summer before school starts back.  Have a lovely day.





Papers: Stampin' UP! soft suede, grey, lost lagoon, sahara sand, hello honey, mint macaron, night of navy, kraft, mellow moss, and English Garden dsp

Stamps: SU! watercolor wings, PTI Cold Brew, Queen Bee, and a Think Big Favorites set.

No comments: