Thursday, May 3, 2007

Baby gift part 1



Here is one part of the gift I made tonight. It is a baby tote, but I think it could be used for a chic little diaper bag when going out to dinner or whatnot. It will easily fit a couple of diapers, wipes, and a small outfit. I plan on making a frame to put a picture of the baby in. Later, when I have more time, I hope to make Amanda a few more little things for her use.
Amanda is special as she is one of the girls that was in my high school discipleship group at church several years back. I have watched her graduate from high school, college, made her wedding cake, and seen her mature into a beautiful young woman. Her husband, Sam, was in my husband's discipleship group as well. Scott tries to claim credit for getting the two of them together, but I see that as God's work. Scott made a suggestion, but God would have had them together anyway. I am so excited for the two of them as they get ready for this incredible journey into parenthood.

I used Sarah papers, bluebird ribbon, wild about you, riveting, and elegant flexible phrases. I think this turned out great.

No comments: