Sunday, May 27, 2007

Stamp of Authenticity is quite versatile



I am having fun using this set. Of course I would never come up with these ideas myself. But I can play around with others' ideas. This card again was inspired by Amy Rohl, who I think was inspired by Beate Johns. So see, I am not the only one who does this. Anyway, I love how you can use the basic library card image and then fill it with appropriate focal points for a wonderful casual feel. If you think you aren't the office look type, this set may change your mind. You can do these same things with the Memo stamp from Office Accoutrement. And just think how many more masculine looking cards you can create with this set using blues, browns, greens, burgundy, etc., with some of the more masculine designer papers.
I used different colors: a lovely monochromatic scheme with a pop of contrasting green. All the sets are current, and will be in the new catalog with the exception of the flower stamp, but the Heartfelt Thanks dandelion would be perfect here. And you can see how I switched out pieces of Hodgepodge hardware on both cards. So if you see a card with a piece of metal hardware that you don't have, use a similar sized piece. I could easily have put a button on here too with a little ribbon or embroidery thread or even copper metallic cord and it would have worked well. Don't be afraid to change things up. I am learning how to do that too.


Stamps: Stamp of Authenticity,Paisley background, Sincere salutations, Both Way blossoms, Elegant flexible phrases, circle of friendship, and little pieces
Inks: apricot appeal , old olive , basic brown, and pumpkin pie
Papers: apricot appeal (4x 3 1/4), vanilla (2 3/8 x 3 3/4), old olive (4 x 2 5/8), pumpkin pie card front cut 4 1/4 x 11
Accessories: watercolor brush for coloring flowers, hodgepodge hardware, sheer organdy ribbon in vanilla (13 1/2 inches), stampin dimensionals, 1/2 circle punch, spiral punch

No comments: