Friday, May 25, 2007

Playing with new stamps and techniques


Yea!! I have some free time to stamp for me!! Okay that sounds purely selfish, but I have been so busy stamping for others, that it is nice to play with some of my new stamps, and try out a technique that I am going to teach in the next month or so. This card uses a layout by Beate Johns that was posted on our demo site. She is so talented. I used her basic image art and layout, but changed up the colors, the flower set and added the faux metal tag on the bottom. Thanks Beate for the inspiration.
Stamps: Double Line Doodles (a sneak peak at a new stamp set coming in July), Stamp of Authenticity, Amazing to Zany
Inks: basic brown, regal rose, mellow moss, and sahara sand, versamark
Papers: rebecca DS, sahara sand, regal rose, and close to cocoa
Accessories: caramel gingham, linen thread, gold glory embossing powder, circle punch, 1/16 hole punch, gold brads.

Faux metal technique: heat 3-4 layers of embossing powder by stamping with a shape stamp first ( I used the circle from Simple Shapes) or just press your versamark pad onto a scrap piece of paper. Heat first layer, then immediately sprinkle on more EP while it is hot, heat that, and repeat up to 2 more times. On last heating, immediately stamp your detail image into it (it is a good idea to coat this stamp in versamark ink to prevent sticking and to get a crisp image). Voila! You are done. I'll post some picture directions in the next month or so.

No comments: