Saturday, August 11, 2007

Holiday mini sets are awesome!

I got to stamp a little after a totaly lousy day, where my house flooded because I was out running errands when the water feed to my upstairs toilet busted and came off and proceeded to spray water all over my bathroom, which then leaked into my basement soaking everything. Ugh! And the saddest part is that I didn't go out for any noble errands. I went to get a pedicure and manicure, and then got lunch and ran to get a check someone owed me. I wanted to get a pedicure so I could sit in one of those awesome massage chairs and relieve my tight back and shoulder muscles. My family is visiting my parents so I have time alone to clean my house, stamp for upcoming workshops, swaps, and card class in a box kits I have going on, and just have some me time. Well I cleaned the house today before heading out this morning, but now it is a wreck! Carpet up, a lot of wet clothes, books and other things from the basement out in my yard, which I pray it doesn't rain on. Ugh!! Bright side is that God is in control, it could have been much worse, and people were able to come out to dry out the house and take care of the wetness. My neighbor, Kim, was a gem, and helped me clean out wet stuff out of the basement. So, God is good. Now I just hope all is not lost, and things can be fixed rather easily. We'll see on Monday when the cleaner people come back to assess the drying out process on the floors.

Here is a special card using one of the new sets from the Holiday mini. I got the layout idea from JanTink, who used the Priceless set, which happens to coordinate with this new holiday set, Season of Joy. Anyway, I think it looks awesome. Not your traditional Christmas colors, but hey, we have the red family and the green family represented here. It is fun and whimsical and would really pop with the addition of a little glitter. I'll work on that. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. Thanks, Jan for the inspiration.


Spec: blush blossom, bravo burgundy, groovy guava, and old olive papers and inks; white gel pen, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 circle punches, ticket corner punch, and white grosgrain ribbon. So fun and easy.

No comments: