Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Little Holiday Joy



Okay, who loves chocolate? Who loves giving chocolate away? ME! ME! ME! Well here is a clever and easy way to give as many chocolates away as you want. This nugget box can be customized to fit 2-30 nuggets. To get instructions just click on nugget box. You will get linked to splitcoaststampers resource gallery to get the instructions. Look closely after the instructions are given and there is a link to the page of other dimensions for this box. It really is easy. A great way to use up designer papers you have for the holidays. Use the new Holiday chipboard pieces from the Holiday mini and you have an instant gift. As it is, you can use alphabet sets with the Snowflake spot, Snowflurries, and Cold Play for fun Winter themes. Peaceful wishes, Season of Joy, and countless others could be used as well.

These make great treat boxes for children's school parties. They are great for Halloween/Fall, and Valentine's day too. Who doesn't like a little treat, and chocolate at that? Not too many people, except my youngest son, John. Sometimes I wonder if he is really my son, not liking chocolate and all. But then I see the mischief in his eyes, and yep, that is all me.

This box uses the Wintergreen paper, sage shadow paper, artichoke and sage inks. Also used the oh so wonderful crop-a-dile for setting those eyelets. I am still working on how to use that big ol' thing easily, but it does set those eyelets like butter. I simply placed my eyelet on the post that sets it, placed my paper face down on top of that, and then crimped it set. Seemed easier than other ways. Now to just be able to pick those eyelets up and not drop them while doing that. Either way, folks, you gotta get one of those crop-a-diles. They punch through chipboard, metal, and thin wood like butter. Think chipboard books, boxes, etc. Use up those accent and elements tins by adding ribbon ties through a large eyelet. Ooooh. I've got too many things to try. Sorry to digress. Can you tell I am having fun with all my new toys while my boys are away and my house is torn up so there isn't anything else to do.

No comments: