Saturday, November 3, 2007

Office Little Reminders tin remake












































Here is the Little Reminders tin makeover. I made it into a little desk photo album for my husband to put on his desk. I realized once I got it done, I should have used that spiral punch for my printed paper accents. Duh!! I have been in such a rush to get this little thing done, and not using anyone else's sketch I might add, that I totally forgot to do that. Oh well. I hope it inspires you and you can totally tweak it and make it even better.

Specs: I used river rock papers (8 1/2 by 5 -2 sheets) for the fold out part. You use a slot punch to make room for the ribbon "binding" which I stuck together with a little glue dot. Just use a small scrap of the wasabi ribbon for that. Then I stamped all over these sheets front and back with river rock ink and various small stamps from the Office Accoutrement and Stamp of Authenticity sets. I took a picture so you could see. Then I took a 4 1/4x 5 piece and did the same for the inside of the front cover. I also used the large corner rounder on all the corners to match the inside corners of the tin. This is the old large corner rounder Stampin' UP! used to sell. You could use the small one too, but it won't match perfectly.
Then I just used scraps of Notations papers and Little Reminders accents and put my photos on them . I made two pockets for "library cards" which I will write a special message on to Scott from the boys.
For the front and back covers I just traced around the outside of the tin and sticky taped them to the outside. I stamped and embellished them. Not too hard. Have fun with this project.

One last project to go and that is jumbo paper clips. I will include magnets for you with this, but you could use these as big book marks too.

No comments: