Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Office On Board Journal/Daily Planner






















Here is the On Board Journal I decorated for the Office card class kit. I turned mine into a monthly planner with multi-pockets, an address book, and inserts to keep up with monthly birthdays and anniversaries.


I didn't finish the whole thing in an effort to at least give you an idea of what I was doing, since I am so late in getting this done and posted. Okay here are the details:

I used Notations papers for the front covers and inside covers. I cut it to fit just beside the notches for the spiral binding ( 5 1/4 x 8 1/4). I wrapped wasabi ribbon over that to cover the edge. Then I cut 5 lengths each of wasabi, river rock and more mustard ribbons to go on each binder ring. This helps hide the unfinished chipboard where the binding is. You could play around with scrap paper to see how much you need to notch in to use designer paper and your spiral punch to leave no chipboard showing. My images on the front are supposed to cryptically say, DATES 2 Remember. Okay so it isn't too clear, but I thought it was imaginative.

I used 6 1/8 x 4 3/4 inch papers for the calendar stamp. I used white craft ink to stamp the calender image. I will be using a white gel pen to write the month name on it, and then the Simple Serif alphabet to do the numbers for each day in the same ink as the paper. I will also be using the Calendar cues stamp set to stamp little accents I could put in each month. I will use the envelope glue on the back of those accents so they can be stuck in place later. I think these might slip in the little pocket I made.

Okay to make pockets: I actually have two for each month. Take one sheet of the paper and tear it out halfway down (very carefully) fold it in half and then push the little paper chads into the spiral binding. Glue the bottom edges together and voila you have a sideways pocket. Then glue this pocket to the next page just gluing around the bottom and side edges and you have another pocket. In this regular pocket I put a stamped piece for recording monthly birthdays on one side and anniversaries on the other. No more forgotten occasions.
If you make the "double" pockets, you will find that the organizer is pretty bulky. You can take out left over pages you do not need from the Address book section, or simply don't make the double pockets. You will just cut down the sheet to make the regular upright pocket and then adhere it and put the birthday reminder piece in it. I hope that isn't too confusing.

Then for an address book section I used the "NOTES" stamp from Office Accoutrement and stamped on scraps of paper and will write the names, addresses, and phone numbers of family and friends.

No comments: