Saturday, October 20, 2007

Office card class in a box month 3: clipboard


Okay here is the clipboard I designed for my own needs using the supplies we have purchased so far for the office kits. You may customize your clipboard based on your needs. I used a 8x 9 1/2 piece of the accounting ledger printed paper and glued it to the chipboard. I then cut two strips of 1 1/4x 4 of the stripe with flowers print and used that on the top edges of the clipboard. To cut around the clip I gently used my embossing stylus (you could use the bone folder) and tried to "score" around the clip. Then I cut around the score. You can also just take your ink pads and a sponge and sponge the top part of the clipboard (use the darker colors). Then I just used a 1/4 inch strip of the reverse side of the flower stripe paper to cover over any uneven edges of what I did so far and create a clean line at the top. Once I glued on the papers, I sanded the edges with the sanding blocks to create a clean edge. That step was a little messy, but it looks better than trying to cut the paper to fit the clipboard. The messy part is just little paper "shavings" all over my black pants.

Now I added my embellishments. I used the Big Deal alphabet, Stamp of Authenticity and the punches. Then I added ribbons to the ring at the top of the clip. I plan on adding a recent picture of my family to hang on the refrigerator.

In your kit, you will get a piece of Wasabi cardstock and a few pieces of printed paper punched into photo corners to either put a photo in or as a border for calendar pieces.

You could make an identical clipboard but instead of putting "family" at the bottom, you could put Events or something to denote a calendar, and instead of putting a picture in the Wasabi focal point spot, you could put a calendar page using the Calendar stamp set.

No comments: