Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Princess birthday present





My youngest son, John, is invited to a birthday party this weekend for one of his girlfriends from preschool. I made this princess hat and "magic" wand for her. I hope to make one more thing, but am not sure what yet. Maybe a purse. The pictures don't do the items justice. They are very cute. The hat has ribbons flowing down in the back with Prima flowers attached at the ends. The wand has ribbons and flowers on it.

I used our Designer series papers Petals and paisley, matching grosgrain ribbons, jumbo eyelets, retired flower eyelets, and that awesome crop-o-dile.

For the hat I used the whole sheet of petals and paisley paper and cut out a 12" circle, cut up the radius (1/2 the diameter), and then curled it around until I had a pretty cone shape that was as tall and narrow as I needed. I stapled this and then glued on the flowers with glue dots. You could easily use punched out paper flowers, as this was what I was going to do, then I saw all the Primas and thought that they would look good too.

The magic wand is two pieces of our awesome chipboard elements that I covered with craft ink and then glitter . I was trying to use up old pink glitter we used to sell, but I am thinking it would have been better with dazzling diamonds as the the pink doesn't match so well. Oh well, I think a 4 year old will love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable!!! I am sure the little girl will just love it!!! And I know what you mean about photos often not doing the projects justice -- that's such a bummer!!!! I KNOW this project looks fabulous IRL as it looks great in the photos!!!