Saturday, September 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink September Blog Hop post #1




I love this blog hop as there are so many people I go to for inspiration and to CASE. First and foremost would be Nichole Heady herself, and all the wonderfully talented ladies on her design team. I am most addicted to all of their blogs because I love their design perspectives. Very clean and deceptively easy. That is what this particular post is focusing on. Clean and easy with pops of color for impact. The designer I think most inspires clean, easy, pops of color and overall simplicity with lots of wow factor is Maile Belles. I love her blog and I love her style. As a busy homeschooling mom, I like to keep things clean and simple. Here are some cards I have made inspired by some of Maile's designs. Thank you, Maile.

25 comments:

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous cards, I especially love the colours!!

Aimes said...

What fabulous CAS creations! I especially like your final card with that trio of buttons coordinating with the colours of your woodgrain :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Rhonda said...

What a great way to use the woodgrain in so many colors.

Maile Belles said...

These are simply wonderful! Thank you Melissa!

Sue Ann said...

LOVE LOVE the woodgrain in the multi colors!!! Great cards!!!

Cathy Weber said...

Great job, but I especially loved the card with the cupcake on the library card. It looked so nice on that particular stamp.

Kristin said...

These are great cards!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh love the colorful woodgrain card! Your butterfly is beautiful, and that cupcake card is so fun! Fab projects for the hop!

Melissa said...

Very pretty!

peggysue said...

Lovely, all of them! I also like the woodgrain card, neat technique and such a different look.

Marge said...

What fabulous creative cards!!!

Ravengirl said...

What fabulous CAS cards!

klarcher said...

Terrific work, love the woodgrain in fun colors

klarcher said...

Really terrific work, love the wood grain in fun colors

Jen Carter said...

These are great CAS cards! Way to go!

Ginny said...

Love the cards, simply beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Kristii said...

Absolutely wonderful work!!! I love them all!!!

Huguenot Girl said...

Love the colour combos! Gorgeous cards!

Nerina said...

Beautiful projects for the hop! The last card, mixing the woodgrain and buttons is my absolute favourite - just gorgeous!

Babies-Beth said...

Colored woodgrain- now that is a new technique for me- thanks!!

Amy Kolling said...

I've never done the woodgrain in variegated colors before....What a fun change to woodgrain!

Sue Lelli said...

Especially LOVE the multi colored woodgrain card! Never would have thought of that!

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful cards! TFS :D

DF said...

GREAT cards! I love the first one especially.

Victoria said...

Great projects, I love them all. Especially the multi-toned woodgrain background one!