Friday, February 7, 2014

17 minute card challenge entry



Here is my entry into today's challenge for the 7th Anniversary festivities over at Papertrey Ink.  I am loving all the contests.  It is hard to fit them all in with homeschooling my boys.  Fortunately after our morning group teaching time is over, they have independent work for the most part, so I can bust out the crafty supplies while they are working. 

I figured I needed to keep the card CAS for this 17 minute challenge.  I gathered supplies and made the card in about 15 min.  It took a couple of extra seconds to figure out what blue/aqua inks I wanted to use and worked best.  I finally settled on Pool Party and Hawaiian Shores.  I tied them together with Lucky Limeade dots.  I scattered some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and a sweet sentiment.  Done.  

Supplies:
1.  white card stock (fortunately I had a 1/2 sheet already cut)
2. Feather Finery stamp set
3.  Hawaiian shores ink
4.  Pool Party ink
5.  Lucky Limeade ink
6. Clear sequins
7. glue dots (even though adhesive is not supposed to count)

I will see if I can do a little more elaborate card with the challenge parameters too.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I almost bought that stamp set but didn't think I could do any justice to it. You really did! Gorgeous work and thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment. I really appreciate that!