Friday, February 7, 2014

PTI Day 1 sketch and color challenge

I made another card for the Day 1 Anniversary festivities.  I like this sketch and thought it would work with a non-floral set and still keep to the dimensions of the sketch.  I have always liked this card by Dawn McVey that she made for the release of this stamp set.  She used Aqua mist, Terracotta Tile, and Chocolate.  I switched it up for this color combo on the challenge.   I think it worked.  

I am trying to dig out older stamps that I haven't inked up in a long long time.  I have too many of the gorgeous stamps PTI makes (been buying since 2007), as I just think I need them all to make projects, but alas there are always more ideas than time.  I am trying to curb my buying of stamps this year and use what I have more.   I am trying to be a better steward of our finances and it is shameful how much money I spend each year on stamps, which we could use on fun family stuff or in giving to others.   So I hope to bust out the older sets this year and have fun with all the great challenges, MIM techniques, color challenges and sketch challenges.  I am super excited by Nicole's announcement of sketch and color combo recipe cards for each release.  She has promised things like that in the past at anniversary release announcement time and it never materialized.  I hope this will be a reality.   I love the recipe cards.  They help a lot.


No comments: