Thursday, February 13, 2014

Building Blocks of Design challenge

Here is my entry into today's contest.  We were to randomly pick from the different design team's building blocks for a card.  I got pretty lucky and was able to whip this card up pretty quickly.  I like it when that happens.  I think I only had to repick an element and that was because I had no brads.

Here are my picks:
Ashley's color choice:  #1 Pure poppy
Betsy's color choice:  #3 berry sorbet (or SU! cameo coral)
Cristina's color choice: #6 Aqua mist
Danielle's color choice: #4 kraft (that was the only iffy element as I wasn't sure how the ink colors would show up on it)
Erin's occasion choice: #1 just because
Heather's technique choice: #4 inlaid die cuts
Laura's embellie choice: #3 buttons
Melissa's fiber selection choice: #6

I used Random Number Generator for my numbers.

Here is the card:


I used the color adjustor on my iPhone picture app when I edited the pictures.  It makes the colors more vibrant.    They get kind of washed out where I take my pictures.  

Okay, so I used pure poppy (red) for the card base and on the sentiment and large flowers.  I used berry sorbet on the medium flowers and button.  I used aqua mist for accent, inlaid die cut label, and seam binding ribbon.  I popped the kraft panel up so the aqua mist label sat in the space for a more inlaid look.  What do you think?  I am very pleased.  


No comments: