Friday, February 7, 2014

Make It Monday 2/3/14 challenge

Well, with all the PTI 7th Anniversary contests, I think this week's Make It Monday challenge has gotten pushed in the background.  While the prize for this contest doesn't compare to the goodies given away at Anniversary celebration time, the chances of winning are greater, so I thought I would throw in my hat.  Have you noticed too that usually with Make It Monday and Blog Hop challenges, more people stop to leave you nice little comments, but during the Anniversary contests, hardly anyone comments.  Either we are all too busy trying to make stuff and enter and WIN, or there are just too many great projects to look at from everyone that we can't comment much and look at them all.  Hopefully, the latter applies and not the former.  Wink… wink!  I just observed the lack of comments on others' blogs as well and just wondered about it.  I know we are all so supportive of each other and try to encourage each other in this crafty hobby.  It is awesome.

Enough chatting.  Here is my entry card.  I busted  out my new Four Square set (love) without the matching die (cause I had to cut the shopping cart total somewhere) and made a CAS card.  Wish you could see the pretty and subtle Summer Sunrise (aka Marigold Morning) homemade shimmer spritz I made and sprayed onto the background of the card.  It was just what all that white space needed and the missing 3rd use of that color my card needed to make sure I was following the rule of 3's.  I was going for masculine for this card, but my son, John,  informed me I blew it with the added sequins.  :)  I love his honesty.  He said it needed a video game element or something to make it for boys.  He is the one who is always raiding my crafty stash for his super hero costumes, homemade weapons, and super decoder rings.  Love, love, love his heroic mind and creativity.  Anyway, I digress.

My drop shadow die cut is my balloon element which I embossed to give it some shine and texture.  I went very simple but I didn't think a double up of the frame would work because I don't have the die, but also the prints are busy enough themselves without a pattern shadow.  Thanks for looking and making it to this point in my ramblings.  Sometimes I get chatty online.  Not necessarily a great thing.



Stamps: Birthday bash, Four Square
Inks: midnight muse and marigold morning, pumpkin pie (SU!)
Papers: PTI white, SU! white, pumpkin pie and marigold morning/summer sunrise
Accessories: clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), baker's twine (Doodlebug), circle punch, spritzer bottle, glue dots, embossing powder (clear)

No comments: