Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Using Stripes Challenge


I am trying to make some cards using purples for a gift set to go along with some Jordan Essentials Lavender and Eucalyptus scented body wash, lotion, lotion bar and spa socks I am donating to a local Christian Counseling center for their fundraiser next weekend.  Can I just admit that purple and I do not mix?  First of all, I am not happy with the Stampin' UP! or Papertrey Ink purple color choices.  They are just blah.  The ink colors are dull and they need a brighter purple in the mix.  Anyway, I used Smokey Shadow striped paper for my stripe element.  I added some purple bling to the mix of notched flowers, buttons and linen vellum leaves.  I took the picture at night so the lighting is pretty dark on my photo too.  


Credit is due to the lovely Dawn McVey for the card design I CAS'd.  


No comments: