Monday, February 24, 2014

February Blog Hop: Spring Fever

Yes,  I have spring fever.  However, I saw lots of trees starting to bust out with their colorful leaves today as I was driving.  They got me so excited, I almost wrecked the car trying to look out for signs of more trees budding.  We saw a beautiful pink blossomed tree just down the street from us that started the whole thing.  And to top it all off, my mother in law has tons of daffodils starting to bloom at her house.  Oh joy!!  God is so good to provide us with beauty in all seasons, but springtime has to be one of the best.  Just lovely.

Anyway, you didn't come here to hear me wax poetic (maybe not so poetic) about spring.  You want to see my entry for this month's Papertrey Ink blog hop.  We were supposed to make some projects using things that remind us of spring or spring like colors.  Here we go.  I used a spring color palette, this week's Mojo Monday sketch, and some pretty roses, which if you live in the deep south, like here in Alabama, might just start blooming in late spring.

I am also entering this card in the Card Concept challenge.  I would classify this card as clean and layered.  Enjoy.


I used hibiscus burst, sweet blush, lemon tart, and spring moss papers and inks.  I used the woodgrain impression plate for some much needed texture to ground those flowers, The Sweet Life roses, and a nice little sentiment.  It was fun to do two challenges at once.  Trying to stretch my creativity this year and be a little original.


8 comments:

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Lovely card! Love your use of textures.

PatQ's Cards said...

Really pretty card. Love the colors you chose for the roses.

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful spring card! I love the way you interpreted the Mojo Monday sketch!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love these roses & the woodgrain texture grounds them nicely!

Leigh Penner said...

Absolutely lovely card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet Life needs to come to my house, beautiful card and I love your layers and colours. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Just beautiful! Love the color strips-a perfect touch that really makes your blooms pop! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!