Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Deer Friends card


Here is another cute card I CASED from Splitcoast.  I changed the patterned paper to something I had and so the colors kind of changed too.  But otherwise it is pretty much the same.  Thanks to the talented card makers there.  I used some paper that I have  had on hand for a few years now.  The colors match the new In colors: kiwi kiss, riding hood red, groovy guava (retiring in color), and then the regular color of old olive.  I also used a little trick for my stitching, since I am so not going to lug out a sewing machine.  I have a clear stamp that is a zigzag stitch that I used with white craft ink, and white embossing powder.  There you go, textured faux stitching.  Love it.  Anyway, I hope you like this card.  Trying to come up with some holiday cards to sell as kits for friends and family to assemble themselves.  I think this one might be a little over the top for something like that, but it was too cute not to try.  

Details:
card base is standard 4 1/4 by 11 folded at 5 1/2
olive layer is 4 x 5 1/4
squares are 2x2
scallop edge piece is 4 x 1 1/2  (used scallop edge punch)

No comments: