Sunday, August 10, 2008

Merry Christmas from our house to yours...



I was sooo very excited when Papertrey introduced this new Boards and Beams set in June.  Can you say perfect for new house announcements that I will need to make here soon when our house is built.  However, in the meantime, this set makes a wonderful Christmas card.  Pair it with the Holiday Wishes set from PTI and you have a perfectly coordinated little card.  I tried very hard to add a little snow to the eaves.  I think the next one will be Liquid appliqued and then topped with a bit of chunky ice glitter.  This one just has some white glitter on it. 

 I found the greatest thing yesterday, okay maybe not so great since I bought so much, at Wal-Mart.  Martha Stewart craft papers, ribbons, punches, scrapbook and kits, and this awesome glitter.  There are 3 packs of glitter per package for only $5 and pretty much all the colors match a Stampin' UP! color.  Love it.  That is why I got so much.  And there is a glue pad they sell for $5 too that you ink up your stamp on and then stamp, glitter and it takes the place of heat and stick, I hope.  No more heat gun and two steps.  I haven't actually tried it yet, but I am keeping my hopes up that it works.  And I found this great border punch that I used to make the artichoke border here.  
I watercolored the house with creamy caramel, close to cocoa, bravo burgundy and artichoke.  I colored the windows with summer sun marker and toned it down with a little water.  

This is a super easy pocket card and would be a great Christmas card.  You could even put a family photo on the insert.

No comments: