Sunday, August 10, 2008

HOx3 Santa card


HOx3 means HO! HO! HO! as in Santa Claus saying that with "Merry Christmas!".  Okay I thought it was cute.  I totally CASED this card from the totally great demo magazine we get every month.  Did I mention being a demonstrator is really a great thing.  Lots of FREE samples, a great discount, FREE stamps, a sneak peak at all sorts of new stuff, great support and training, and so much more.  I love it.  What I wish for are more great stamps like some of the other companies out there have come out with, not the same old flower sets that we keep seeing coming out or being recycled by Stampin' UP!  I am just not feeling the same love these days for our stamps.  We need some truly new and cool stuff:  stuff for men, stuff for boys, and not the cutesy cartoony stuff.  Real stuff.  I am so holding my breath to see what new things we are getting in August in the new catalog.  I know of 2 new label like sets with coordinating new punches, new buttons, new In colors and coordinating ribbons and accessories, new Simply Scrappin' and designer papers since they retired all that were in this Spring and Summer catalog.  New hodgepodge hardware kits, and such.  Can I say that I am loving all the new accessories, and I will always love our colors.  Our paper and inks are so great.  But honestly, they better wow me with the stamps this time, or I might not be able to be so excited about Stampin' UP!  I'll try to hang in there with you.  

Here are the details of this fun card:  squares are 1 1/2 x 1 1/2.  Used kiwi kiss, riding hood red, bashful blue and white.  Same with inks.  Used circle punches and scallop punch.  White craft ink and a zig zag stitch clear stamp for the stitching.  I am loving that stamp.  Wise purchase here recently.   Deer friends set, as well as two retired Christmas sets: perfect presentation and Glad Tidings.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Great new stamps!
Luv the card!

Jeannie
http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/