Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I HAVE THE NEW CATALOG!!!!!!!!

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! It was almost like Christmas yesterday when I went to get the mail. I had three things in there from Stampin' UP!, one of which was my new catalog. I stayed up till 11:15 last night looking over it, picking out what I wanted to put on my wish list, etc. I think it is a beautiful catalog. Lots of wonderful color combos (my favorite is the groovy guava, ruby red, river rock combo. So beautiful.), soft spring and summer colors, and bold bright kids colors.
I love the three new style watch lines: Crew classics for kids and classic styles in pumpkin pie, wasabi, bashful blue, real red, tempting turquoise, and regal rose. Lots of great boy themed papers, a new DAD's Day set that will be good, and just general stuff great for kids of all ages.

I love love the Eastern Eclectic colors of olive, saffron, pumpkin, guava, coral, and rose red. The flowers are fresh and pretty. I bought the Embrace life from this collection and love it. The papers are very pretty too. I will do a card kit class for this set and papers.

Then there is the new Boho West collection with a whole new pretty and feminine color scheme. This is not your typical "western" color scheme with pretty chocolates, cocoa, regal rose, pomegranate, vanilla, pretty in pink. Yummy! And the new boho style sets are very pretty. I will probably get the new One of a Kind set that coordinates with the new Boho blossoms punch (think Spring blossoms punch but more scalloped circles)and do a card kit class for that.

The samples in this catalog are simple, elegant, crisp, and clean. I love it that they include so much more than just cards: there are gift packaging, party elements, gifts, chipboard projects, etc. Much more variety. Many are very striking with very nice layouts (again simple and clean and doable), and good combinations of colors and products.

Hostess sets leave a little to be desired in my opinion this time on the level 1 and level 2 areas. There is a 6x6 designer prints paper pack as a level one hostess that has the designer prints patterns for wasabi, real red, apricot, bashful blue, and pretty in pink. Definitely going to get that. There are the usual flowers, a couple of just greetings for your card fronts that are okay, and then you get to the level 3 sets. Now I am okay with the Time Well Spent set that we got for FREE as demonstrators, but I totally want the level 3 Older and Wiser set that is all Birthday greetings and images. It is sooo cute and appropriate for all ages. You just have to see it.

There are St. Patty's day sets, Valentine's, a cute new Easter egg set that looks like fun, 4th of July and a nice Patriotic set for sending stuff to the troops overseas. Very nice. There are a few Christmas sets but most of them are on the dormant list and not in the catalog.
Beautiful new wedding sets, new birthday sets, father's day sets, baby, kids, punny set for kids and those young at heart, of course your typical flowers, but lots of word elements, accents with words to use with the punches (circle and scallop flower), journaling elements with greetings, calander/office elements, graduation set, beach set, teen sayings set (big, chunky elements that are full of teen attitude sayings: dude, that is so cool, that's random, totally awesome, freak out, like you know, etc).

New backgrounds mini and large that are nice, scallop edge stamps (all scallops), labels and frames in an elegant look, lots of new greetings sets from elegant, classic, and sassy to whimsical road signs with saying on them. Very nice. And some nice new alphabets, one of which is very elegant.

Great great new designer papers in bright spring and summer prints and colors. Classic prints for boys in great colors, new color palette for the brocade style papers in soft sky, wasabi or olive, and river rock, new Boho western paper colors, but same prints. There are a lot of new simply scrappin' kits in new themes for kids, boho elements, weddings, summer vacation, brocade set. New felt flowers in a tin in pomegranate, olive and pumpkin colors, and new accents and elements tins for office look, boho and eastern elements, and then the build a flowe set.

New glitter stacks, die cut double sided sticky alphabet and elements (think simon lower chipboard but made on sticky strip like sheets) you can adhere glitter and new bead duos to, new striped ribbons in crew colors of red, wasabi, bashful blue and pumpkin, and bead duos with micro beads and small round and hex beads in single colors. 3 new punches debut , boho blossoms, large star, and my way which are three arrows of different sizes pointing in different directions.

And last but not least, rub-ons for those of you who scrapbook these will thrill you. There are 5 rub on collections: Take note (office like theme), anchored (family memories theme), eastern elegance (eastern eclectic theme), cherished memories (baroque and elegant feel), and urban west (boho west theme). They come in sets of two sheets: black and white. I bought the Eastern elegance, but will probably buy some of the others. What can you use rub-ons for? Well, on glass, wood, chipboard, metal, glass or plastic frames, cardstock, on top of textured elements like textured papers, embossed images, ribbons, fabrics (not felt probably). They are pretty easy to use, but unlike stamps the images are one time use. A great addition to the stamp styles they go with.

So far my stamp wish list is moderate to small for me as I am trying to buy only what goes with what I already have or complements it:
One of a Kind will be new but goes with the Bali breeze paper I bought and the new boho blossoms punch which I hope to get
Family sayings go with the All in the Family set that I have
Full Calendar will go with the calendar background stamp so I can finish my monthly planner
From the Kitchen of (new recipe card set to go with my Voila sets)
Smarty pants sayings cause they are too funny
Many Happy Returns is like the so many sayings hostess set from F/W collection
Designer papers: spring break, jersey shore, east coast prep, berry bliss, and spring sillouettes
scallop notes
priceless and punches plus classy brass
large and small star punches
all striped and taffeta ribbons
urban west, take note, and anchored rub-ons

Stamps that if I get them cool, if not, okay:
Pun fun
Dad's day
It's a Sign
All scallops
nursery necessities and nursery alphabet wheel

Good thing is that all the new stamps sets will be available for a whole year, so if I don't get them in this catalog I will be able to get them in the Fall.

These are just my one full day with the catalog early thoughts on the whole thing. I hope you enjoy your new catalog when you get it in January. For now, I thought I would whet your appetite a little.

No comments: