Saturday, December 15, 2007

Just a little note about some upcoming posts

I can't wait for Christmas so I can show you all the cool things I have been working on for Christmas presents. I would show them to you now, but the recipients of the gifts check out my blog too, so I can't let the cat out of the bag yet. But I am so proud of my creations. I must say, I tend to do the wrong thing by waiting until December to get these gifts made, but alas, they are coming together quite well. I think you will find some neat things.

Also I just have to tell you about some new stamps that Papertreyink just released last night for Valentine's day cards and treats. These stamps are specially designed to package up pretty candies like nuggets, peppermint patties, and Reese's miniature peanut butter cups. They have sentiments for all kinds of occasions but have been released this month to specifically address the Valentine's season. One set called SWEET LOVE is really great for elegant valentines and for wedding favors and treats. The other two are called My Punny Valentine, with an booster set called Year Round Puns, and then Limitless Labels. You will be seeing stuff from me in the early new year for ideas on how to use these sets. They are acrylic stamps, so you need to buy the clear blocks, but I love them. They are the best of the best of these types of stamps. Plus if you order $40 or more you get free shipping. Not trying to lure anyone over to the Non-Stampin' UP! dark side, but Papertreyink and their stamp designer, Nicole Heady sure do know what they are doing. Their stuff is awesome.

And just in case you think I have become disenchanted with Stampin' UP!, no way!! I am just as excited about the new Spring/Summer catalog, because what I have seen of it so far, makes me think I am in real trouble with making decisions on what to order. I may have to continue to gut out my older stamps and those I just don't use much. We'll see. Hopefully my complimentary catalog will be here before Christmas. By the way the cover of the catalog is soooo lovely. You'll love it.

No comments: