Thursday, December 20, 2007

I used the new Eastern Elegance Rub-ons



I used the new Eastern Elegance rub-ons from Stampin' UP! today. They are the new rub-ons they are putting in the new catalog. I haven't really used rub-ons that much. Just wasn't something I have taken too, and since I hardly ever scrapbook, it just wasn't something out there that was useful to me. So I took the leap and tried these as the images seemed to lend themselves to glassware, metal, and other smooth surfaces for altering. I love them!!!! They are so easy to get to adhere. I had a little trouble with what I did today cause the vase was beveled, not straight up and down. So the top row of rub-ons didn't stay straight. But it wasn't too bad. I made this vase for a family whom we delivered Angel tree presents too. In case you don't know what that is, Prison Fellowship is an organization that allows prisoners to send presents to their children at Christmas time with the help of volunteers who buy the presents for them and present them on their behalf. The family we helped to get presents for was so sweet, and it was an honor to be God's hands and feet to bless this family at Christmas. My boys were so excited to have the opportunity to help share about Jesus through this act of service. I hope to make this a yearly tradition. It's what Christmas is all about.

No comments: