Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Pretty Emboss Resist card... and a teaser


Hi, Everyone. Well first of all I have to give a little teaser for the new catalog. Some ladies from Canada have received their complementary copy of the new catalog and posted sneak peaks from it. You are going to love, love, love it. I have to be quite honest that I wasn't totally thrilled with the Fall/Winter catalog. Not much that was new, too many flowers, etc. But this new book should thrill you. Lots of new stuff, great occassion sets for birthdays, weddings, graduation, baby, kids, etc. Lots of new accessories like rub ons, chipboard sheets, bead sets, glitter sets, striped ribbons, great new collections series, new punches, beautiful new designer papers. Need I say more. Hopefully my copy gets here before Christmas. Now how do I ask for stamping money for Christmas. And there are a ton of things I want from Papertrey Ink too. Oh, I am in trouble.

Anyway, here is a cool card I made tonight. Now it is very similar to a card I posted last month. I loved the layout, elegance, and simplicity of this card, so I had to use the same thing for this technique. Plus I don't have a lot of stamps this technique would work well with, so here it is.

How do you do the emboss resist technique?
1. You cut your glossy cardstock (must use the glossy for best results). Then take your embossing buddy to take the static off the glossy cardstock.
2. Stamp your image with Versamark ink on the glossy cardstock. I layered another image on top of this with basic black CRAFT ink. Now if you look at the black image closely you'll see that the underlying image I stamped with the versamark sort of resisted this ink. (oooh, that is another resist technique too) Not to worry, it isn't too noticeable.
3. Pour on the clear embossing powder, tap off excess, and heat emboss.
4. Use a sponge to color the cardstock. I smudge it at first to get full coverage then I go over it with pounces to get a more stippled effect.
5. Buff the piece with some tissue to wipe the ink off the embossed part, and voila!! Isn't it soo pretty?!!

I thought I was pretty clever in layering the images. Mostly you'll just use one bold image and clear emboss that and then color the cardstock whatever color you want. But I just knew this would work with this Garden Silhouettes set. Hmmm. I was right. That doesn't happen very often.

Have fun trying this technique. It is fun and easy and gives a good Wow! factor.

No comments: