Friday, December 7, 2007

New Hostess Level 3 Set Preview


Stampin' UP! sent all of their demonstrators this new Level 3 Hostess set from the new catalog that comes on Jan. 1st. Wow!! They are so good to us in giving us lots of free stamps. It contains lots of flowers, a couple of sentiments, this heart image, and a butterfly image. While it isn't a stamp set I would have chosen to try to get, it is always nice to get free rubbah!! And as with all my other stamps, I am trying to use what I have, so here is one card I have made for this. I am doing a training class for the girls in my downline this coming week. I am going to be showing them a few resist techniques. This one uses a crayon resist technique.

Here is how you do it:
Stamp your outline image in basic black ink on GLOSSY WHITE paper. Next you take a white crayon (you can use a watercolor wonder crayon, but it doesn't work quite as well), and color in all the parts you don't want to take the ink. I did the flower and the double line edge of the heart. Now you brayer on your ink or use a sponge. I used Purely Pomegranite. Then you take a tissue and wipe off the ink off the crayon. Voila!! It reveals a white detail. When you buff the image with the tissue it takes off the crayon, so you could go back and color in the white part that it leaves with a marker in a different color. I'll try to show that in another post. It is pretty easy. I then stamped the small flowers on the card base in black and put the white accents on with white gel pen. I love that gel pen. Best one I have ever owned, and Stampin' UP! sells it. Woohoo!!
I must say that I tried to put a sentiment on this card after I had stamped the small flowers. Not a good idea. The sentiment needs to be at the bottom right corner, but alas I goofed. I then attempted to put a sentiment at the top and it looks quite horrible. Sorry. My sample for my girls will be much better.

No comments: